Have you ever come across someone who can effortlessly maintain a luscious green lawn? They don’t seem to put in half the work you do. You’ll never see them raking the leaves or blowing them into a heap to bag up. Apart from the occasional mowing, their lawn simply flourishes with what appears to be the least effort.
On the other hand, you seem to have become a slave to the lawn — mowing and raking and cleaning every other weekend. And still, you can hardly keep the green stuff under control. What’s their secret? Is it true that the grass on their side is greener? No they have bought the best mulching mower of 2019.
Well, what if you can do the same thing? No more hours of intensive labor in the sun. No more slaving away on the weekends. It all comes down to owning and employing the best mulching mower. But I have a mulching kit too, you silently protest. A mulching mower and a mulching kit. They are not the same.
So what is the best mulching mower?
Well, there is a reason why manufacturing companies produce a dedicated line of mulching mowers. Because there is only so much a mulching kit can do as an accessory. The best mulching mowers possess different features that include:
1. Angled Blades.
The blades of mulching mowers are different in design and function. It is slightly tapered and angled. This feature makes the blades more efficient to cut the grass into very minute clippings. Another purpose behind this feature is that the rotation of the blades creates a vacuum. The vacuum created in the deck pushes the clippings downwards to the ground. It prevents the clippings from being scattered sideways or front or back.
2. Different cutting decks.
The special features in the best mulching mower are not limited to the blade. It works in conjunction with the specially designed deck. The deck has a circular shape and sealed from every side. This shape and design are done to accommodate the vacuum when the blades rotate at high speed.
They are also positioned a bit higher on the body and typically have more room. This promotes sufficient airflow in the deck. The increased airflow circulates the grass clippings, and they get cut into very small pieces. The vacuum and the airflow then push the cuttings in a downward movement.
Some of the best mulching mowers are also equipped with deflectors in the cutting decks. It assists the clippings to be directed downwards.
What are the advantages of the best mulching mowers?
The conventional definition of mulching was somewhat limited. It was directed to the act of spreading mulch to suppress the growth of weed and perhaps provide protection from the frost. However, with the advances made in lawn mowers, mulching has also been redefined.
• It cuts and minces the grass so finely that it acts as compost for the grass and the soil. The fine grass clippings break down, and they improve the overall health of the soil and grass.
• They eliminate the need to clear the grass clippings manually. Because the clippings are so minute and small, they leave no indication that it is even there. They gradually disintegrate between the grass and into the soil.
• Mulching is an excellent way to encourage moisture holding capacity of the soil. It does so by reducing the level of evaporation. This is particularly beneficial during the dry season. The grass will flourish green and healthy even without as much watering.
• It still performs the traditional function of keeping the lawn protected from treacherous frost in winter. Mulching will protect it or reduce the extent of damage.
• Mulching removes the need for chemical fertilizers in the soil. As we all understand the harmful effects of this addition in the ground, the less we use it, the better. Mulching makes use of the organic matter, and so it prevents the need to spray toxic chemicals in the soil.
• Mulching reduces waste. When the clippings are bagged, we do so with plastic bags which do not decompose. Plastics have become a menace everywhere. When the cuttings are mulched, there is no need for plastic or dumping the leftover grass in the decomposing landfill. It is a healthy and sustainable way to show how we appreciate the environment.
In what ways does the best mulching mower have the edge over the mulching kit?
Modern types of lawn mowers come equipped with an avalanche of accessories and a mulching kit is one of them. Regardless of what the salesperson might tell you, a mulching kit will not be as efficient as one of the best mulching mower.
• With a mulching kit, you have to manually attach and detach it with every use. It is an accessory, so it needs manipulation. After you finish using it, you have store it away, manually. On the other hand, a top rated mulching mower can be used easily and quickly without the hassle of fixing and storing seperatly.
• The kit has to be bought as a separate unit. And most of them come with a hefty price tag. Dedicated mulching mowers have no such thing. It is built and designed by default. You buy the mower; you get it all.
• While using the mulching kit, the blades may not cut the grass as fine or small. This is no good for the grass. Clumping and thick patches of clippings on the lawn can suffocate them. Using a proper mulching mower; however, the grass clippings are so fine that they blend into the grass. It keeps the grass and soil breathable and healthy. The clippings are light and sit easy in the grass as they quickly break down.
Employing a mulching mower on your lawn will yield spectacular results. Now that you know the secrets of having a healthy and perfectly manicured lawn, what’s stopping you? Get yourself one of the best mulching mowers on the market and keep your neighbors and friends guessing.
They always say that less is more. What could be more subtle than having the best lawn in town with the least effort?